fam pic

fam pic

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Will's Baptism and Turner's Blessing

A lot has happened these past few months . . and time is getting away from me.  Well, right after Titus' surgery (see picture below) and three days before we were to leave for Utah for Thanksgiving our little Turner had to have surgery.  This has been an emotional roller-coaster couple of months for me.  Turner ended up having the exact thing that Dixon had when he was 1 month, pyloric stenosis.  Fortunately for us we knew the signs all too well and we took in right in to get an ultrasound which was on a Sunday and they shipped us up to Tucson to the UofA hospital and then Monday morning they did surgery.  But we weren't able to go home until Wed. because he had thrown up a couple times.

Picture of Turner at 2 months - this was the day before he started to throw up . . we are thankful that we caught it so early so he didn't loose much weight.

I am just so thankful for the Lord's watch and care over this little guy.  He didn't loose much weight because we knew the signs and things went well.  I am thankful or technology that allows something like this to have such a simple fix (I say simple, it seems to be simple, but not for a mama - nothing is simple when it comes to having your little ones go through anything like that).  I am also so thankful for a great, worthy, priesthood holder of a husband.  He is my strength through everything!  Also, so very thankful for wonderful friends in the gospel that help at the drop of a hat - and that includes taking on three little boys while their mom and dad are away.

I had to basically write about this whole experience because in all of that I didn't get any pictures!  Just not on my mind.  :)  So, we get home from the hospital Wednesday and then Thursday morning we took off for Utah.  I think the drive made my emotions leak out and I probably cried the whole way!  But we made it and I am glad we did.  The trip was for Will's baptism and Turner's blessing.





 The Gamble side

the Mills side . . great-grandma Salmon and Mills were able to come too




It was so neat to have EVERYONE there!  What a blessing it was.  My dad conducted the meeting and the Spirit was there so strong.  It is times like these that are most important.

Then we headed down to the ranch for Thanksgiving.  We had a great time!  Max and Brit had an awesome event for the kids . .  it was a Knights training.  They played some fun obstacle games having to do with Knights and then at the end they knighted Sam and presented him with a coin having to do with the priesthood . . it was really neat!  

I wish I could have posted all the videos, they were pretty funny.  But here are some good ones . . . Jaclyn was always trying to get the best video for ya . . .right in the action!






Ready for some chow!!!

We miraculously fit us all into the small kitchen!!  


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear your new guy had pyloric stenosis! That is the worst! Glad he is doing better!!

    ReplyDelete