fam pic

fam pic

Thursday, December 13, 2012

What we've been up to!

A little bit of this and a little bit of that!!!  A couple times these past two weeks Mike has decided to "foster" a cat.  He would bring home a cat from the clinic for the weekend and the boys LOVED it!  This is a picture of them trying to get the cat to come out from underneath the entertainment center.  Needless to say "over stimulation" for the cats! :)  


They've been up to jumping!!  They love this thing and Mom is so glad we have it too!



My little reindeer!


And we've been up to wrestling!  Yeah - the boys wanted to wrestle so we though we'd let them give it a try!  These are the awesome team spirit shirts we got to wear! :)  

Will's first big wrestling tournament.  I have to say though, I have never been to a wrestling tournament, let alone a wrestling anything.  It was craziness!  The gym was packed and they have about eight matches going on at same time down on the mat and everyone it seems is screaming! :)  I asked Will if he could hear his coach (Dad) yelling and he said no! :)   And we were there all day!!  It's been fun - they asked Mike to be a coach so he had really gotten into it with the boys!

I read a shirt while we were at this meet and it said "once you've watched your kid wrestle, anything in life is easy;"  and I am here to say Amen to that!  It is hard work - they are trying their hardest and getting hurt and all tangled up and choked, etc., and they don't give up!  Will would not give up - he did awesome.  However, I started to cry when he was working so hard at one and he started to cry and yet he didn't give up.  I was so proud of him.  It made me realize that my boys, no matter what I do, they will have to do a lot of hard things in life and I won't be able to take it away from them.  In fact, it will probably be good for them.  Mike and I just want them to have fun - and we will see how it goes.    In fact, below you will see videos of the next weeks' meet and it went much better! :) 

Will with his medal and his cheerleaders!

Proud Dad and coach . . . can you see the braces??  Yep - Dad got braces - he is preparing his mouth for surgery on his jaw!

Mom was all better once it was done! :) 


 This is how Titus spend most of the day!  Which was okay with me!

Gotta love the singlets!

Grrr!!!  This was after a whole day of wrestling so I think they look a little worn out!

Dixon's second match!  He is pretty funny!  He sure can wrestle Will but when it comes to another little boy I don't think he wants to hurt them! :)


Will's third match and his third pin that day!!  He was so excited.  He just never gives up!



Gingerbread house!!!  I think it is a tradition now!

And the silly pictures are a tradition too!



2 comments:

  1. We love the Gambles!!! Arizona....I think the army should send you to Oklahoma. We miss you and think of you and your cute boys often. I love that they are wrestling. You are such a fun family and we have such happy Gamble memories. Have a fantastic Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I've become a fan of the wrestling Gamble boys!! Good job Will and Dixon!! I need to prepare myself for next time I visit you guys...instead of sword fights, I can see wrestling matches going down as soon as I arrive at your house! :) Have a great christmas and New Years guys, I really miss you all! And Mike...I hope you're not getting "too attached" to those cats! hehe

    ReplyDelete